Don’t delay: today is the last day to register at the early registration discounted rate for US SIF’s Sustainable Investing in Action, taking place May 3-4 at the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.
Jonathan Greenblatt, Director of the White House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation and Special Assistant to the President will speak at the US SIF member day on May 2, and Barbara Bennett, Chief Financial Officer of the US Environmental Protection Agency, will open US SIF’s annual conference.
Also recently confirmed as conference speakers are:
• Alan Ayres, Product Manager – Emerging Market Equities, Schroders,
• Brian Rice, Investment Officer, California State Teachers Retirement System,
• Eric Roston, Sustainability Editor of Bloomberg Businessweek, and
• Anne Simpson, Senior Portfolio Manager, California Public Employees Retirement System
Jesse Eisinger, Senior Reporter, ProPublica
By registering now, you’ll ensure that you won’t miss out on a rich and varied agenda featuring thought-provoking keynote addresses and plenary roundtables on:
• Building Integrated, Green Communities
• The Evolution and Future of Sustainable Investing
• The Global Outlook for Sustainable Growth
• Corporate Governance after Citizens United
• Sustainable Economies, Planetary Limits
• Extending Producer Responsibility in the Bottled Water Industry—and Beyond
You’ll hear from Geeta Aiyer, President of Boston Common Asset Management; Frances Beinecke, President of the Natural Resources Defense Council; Michael Burns, Executive Vice President of Pimco Europe; Michelle Edkins, Global Head of Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment at BlackRock; Tom Hamburger, political reporter at The Washington Post; Larry Hatheway, Chief Economist at UBS Investment Bank; Kim Jeffery, President and CEO of Nestle Waters North America; Adam Kanzer, General Counsel of Domini Social Investments; Charles Kolb, President of the Committee for Economic Development; Barbara Krumsiek, CEO of Calvert Investments; corporate governance expert Nell Minow; and Jonathan Rose, founder of Jonathan Rose Companies, a leading green urban solutions provider in real estate.
Additional concurrent sessions will feature lively discussion on:
• the environmental, social and governance (ESG) challenges in the health insurance, oil & gas and information technology industries,
• the opportunities for foundations and other investors in alternative investments and community development,
• influencing companies—in the United States and around the world—through active ownership,
• ESG integration tools and techniques,
• the latest trends in corporate sustainability reporting, and
• the regulatory landscape three years after the financial crisis.
Rooms at the conference hotel are also going fast, so be sure to secure your hotel reservation when you register. While the reserved block of rooms last, the group rate is $259/night plus tax. To secure your place at the conference, visit the online conference registration site.
Barb Brown, Principal and Co-owner of BrownFlynn, will be moderating the panel session on Sustainability Reporting Trends. We hope to see you next month!